Mostest Read Ones

Friday, March 30, 2012

It's the Jane Show!

PB&J
     Today is my lovely mother's birthday, although I won't be telling you which one (which birthday not which mother, I only have one mommy). That wouldn't be polite! In honor of her, I scouted Etsy for items that represent certain things I know she loves like her Hermi cat, her fancy shmancy new job, and her gosh darned favorite stinky candy.

     Always the practical influence on my life I know that she will appreciate knowing that instead of buying her a present, I've posted pictures of virtual ones. So, mom, enjoy oohing and ahhing over the awesomeness. Hope you enjoy being featured on the blog on your special day, mom! I love you!

Links to products after the JUMP!

     I love felted anything, but especially adorable little felt creatures. Owls are pretty hip and trendy right now so it's not hard to find them ALL over Etsy. Although I do love them, they do tend to remind me of the time our mom found an owl that had died and kept it in a cooler in our backyard for a little while. I was really mad she wouldn't let me play with it... One day I'm going to hold her to her idea of getting an owl tattoo, but until that day, we can just ogle this little felty tyto.

Needle Felted Barn Owl

     We always tease her for her endless political posts on Facebook. So here's maybe a more subtle way to represent your political affiliations, with a huge amount of graphic appeal. Or, maybe you might just love tea! I know I do.

Blood, Sweat, and Tea Art Print

     I always loved the Ramona books as a kid and even more so as a mom. They just really speak to who I was as a child and now who my daughter is definitely growing up to be, which in turn reminds me of my mom. As much as she's fought with that nook of hers, I bet she'd love to show it off to everyone if it an adorable, retro, re-purposed cover like this one.

Ramona the Brave Nook Cover

     I seriously think that there's something about having children and becoming a mother that all of a sudden turns you into a black licorice eater. I believe it to be a defense mechanism against children stealing your candy, as most kids don't like black licorice...I know I hated it! Except, my Peyton is weird...she loves it. And she loves when 'MorMor' comes to visit...goes straight for her purse where the candy always is. Good old reliable MorMor!

Black Licorice Star Anise Soap

     Just what every grandmother needs. A portrait of her beloved cat. But how stylin' is this one? Every cat lover needs to have one of these to immortalize their furry friend!

Large Custom Cat Portrait

     Now that she's a bigwig car salesman (saleswoman?), that has closed SEVERAL sales, it's been decreed that she can in fact have some coffee. So, she'll need something to keep that coffee warm while keeping her hands safe from mug burn. Enter: knit coffee cozy. Genius.

Coffee Cozy Crochet

No comments:

Post a Comment