Mostest Read Ones

Thursday, April 19, 2012

London Calling

Having been struck by the sudden realization that this summer is not only an Olympic summer, but that it is also the year of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, I've got Britain on the brain! Visions of union jacks are swirling in my head as I attempt to visualize the perfect summer get together. A few Cornish pasties, some tea (iced, this is America, hot tea does NOT cut it in the summertime here!), a little Olympics, and a lot of Beatles tunes on the old record player.

There are so many ideas for decorations on Etsy. What's funny is, I don't think there's much of a call for Union Jack themed parties in America because ALL of the sellers that I found, were in England. Makes sense, I suppose. That's the beauty of Etsy. It's worldwide and enables us American folks to have access to all the things that British crafters and artisans have to offer.

Here's an assortment of things I found that I just fell in love with, and a shout out to our friends across the pond! Links to items after the jump.



1. Union Jack Cotton Fabric Bunting by whiteacacia 

2. London Calling Wedding Inviation Collection by LaBelleVieDesign
   
3. Jam and Cream Scone (felt) by woollyduck

4. Gryffindor House Tea by wortsandcunning

5. Patchwork Quilted Union Jack Cushion by robinredcrafts

6. Diamond Jubilee Poster by sugarushuk

No comments:

Post a Comment