Mostest Read Ones

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Inception Meets Infection

Peyton has been mysteriously sick these past few days, and it has been hugely stressful for us (mostly the pregnant one. No doctor has been able to clearly and definitely diagnose her...which would be fine except for the fact that no diagnosis means NO CURE! 4 days into her battle royale with this imaginary mystery illness, she's feeling much better unless she is deprived of food or her motrin wears off. But this post is not about her illness...it's about what happens when you watch Inception, and then your baby won't sleep through the night.

First off, I loved the movie. It was just easy enough to follow, but still a challenge. The special effects were attractive...and Joseph Gordon Levitt is just lick able. And FYI, I don't care whether the top stops spinning in the end, nor do I care whether or not I live in the matrix.

However, this is NOT a movie you should watch when you are sleep deprived and/or pregnant. I already tend to dream in well thought out horror movies when pregnant, so this just turned me sideways and spanked me. There is no feeling quite like waking up to a screaming (for who knows what reason) baby and being really alarmed because your husband "missed the kick". I vaguely recall trying to figure out which level of the dream we were in and whether or not one of us had gotten stuck in limbo...none of this while I was asleep.

I used to think there was nothing worse than waking up to a screaming baby and being sleep deprived, then I got the pleasure of waking up to a screaming SICK baby and being sleep deprived. So much worse. But, THEN, I woke up to a screaming sick baby after watching Inception. THIS I believe to be the mother of all causes of sleep depravation...they were right when they said your brain works faster when you're dreaming, and it. is. exausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment